Friday, August 29, 2014

WHO ARE YOU?


Its Saturday morning early March in the year 1975, and Old Dominion University and Virginia Tech University are preparing to do battle on the baseball diamond… As a nineteen-year old freshman pitcher for Old Dominion, I expected to spend the day trying to stay warm in the dugout, when all of a sudden it started to very lightly snow… Being from Massachusetts, I was the only player on the team north of the Mason Dixon line… Then I heard coach Methaney a former New York Yankee call out my name, Remington go warm up you’re our starting pitcher today… Who me coach, I replied, then he took me aside where no one else could hear and said, ‘“are you a man or a mouse”?

The coached figured in this cold weather, I was the right man for the job… Well the coach was right, that day in March thirty nine years ago my name went into the record books, because I threw a no-hitter against the guys from Tech… Well that day if I was a mouse I was a mighty one for it would be the only no-hitter I would pitch in my college career… I still remember today those words, are you a man or a mouse, who are you?

Each day our circumstances test us with the question of who are we? My journey with God these many years has taught me I am who God says I am... The Coach no longer throws no hitters and frustrates batters away from the plate... God has used me to teach thousands of frustrated dieters to come back to their diner plates of right foods, right amounts and at right times, but most of all God has taught me who I am, though the eyes of the GREAT I AM…

Like you over the years Coach has faced many challenges, but with God I am forgiven of my past mistakes, who are you?  There have been many days trying to tell me I’m sick, but God calls me healed, who are you?  Trials have tried to convince me I’m too weak, but God becomes my strength and I triumph, who are you?  Coach wears his ball-cap backwards these days, but God continues to guide me forward, who are you?  It’s my prayer everyone would know the GREAT I AM and each time you spend time with Him you learn who I am…  God bless…  Coach www.thefatlosscoach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment