Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Take Off To Be Your Best

Take Off To Be Your Best 

Most would think a nutritionist using a title “take off to be your best”, would be referring to taking off weight… Well most of my work is focused of teaching healthy principles on losing weight, but today my message is on developing the behaviors to keep it off…

One of my favorite birthday gifts given to me quite some time ago were flying lessons… On the first lesson I discovered four principles required for flight, I would also learn were required to soar behaviorally to reach your goal…

The first principle was thrust in order for plane to take off the pilot must go full throttle or full power as plane goes down runway to lift off… The same is true with behavior in order to lift yourself up to reach your goal it requires giving all your heart or full power of desire…

The second principle was lift and the role the wings played in obtaining flight… In behavior the wings and lift would be surrounding yourself with role models and a support group that inspire you and encourage you have what it takes to be your best…The principles thrust and lift for a plane’s flight must overcome the principles of weight and drag to remain in flight… The same would be true behaviorally to remain in flight to be the best you can be…

The third principle weight of the plane must be overcome by the power of the thrust and the lift of the wings… The principle weight in behavior refers to the challenge or weight of your circumstances… The sobering truth of life is there are days where our circumstances require all our heart and inspired effort to remain faithful… It is important to avoid the weight of placing others before you as priorities; as it is far better to line them up beside you to the left and right as they become your wings…

The fourth principle the drag of gravity on the plane must also be overcome by the power of the thrust and the lift of the wings… The drag in behavior refers to the negative influences and the history of past mistakes… We must ignore the negative voices and keep no record of our past mistakes… At all costs we must keep others from dragging us down and learn how to forgive our past mistakes… Negative influences and un-forgiveness will put a heaviness on our heart, which will result in a heaviness on our bodies…

I will never forget the first time my instructor pilot and I headed down the runway and went full throttle and took off… The feeling of power and lift and to soar like a bird was amazing…

In life God is my co-pilot and a relationship of His power to give me thrust and my faith to trust Him as the wings we have soared over the weight of my circumstances and the drag of negative influences to keep reaching for the best I can be…

I hope my words today inspire you and empower you to go down the runway of life, and taking off to be your very best…www.thefatlosscoach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment